Tuesday 24 April 2012

BLINDED

My eyes are perfect. State of the art. Iris holds lens in excellent position like a traitor for a firing squad. Lens diverges light onto retina, pristine accuracy, my retina sends information along optical nerves without interruption to my good old brain. This brain set in the mold of Nkrumah, Einstein and Ghandi deciphers this information thoroughly and thus I see.
I see with perfection I see evidence of God's artistry, the stars, the sun, the moon, Nadia Buari. I see Kojo stealing meat from mummy’s pot I see uncle Ebo stealing glances at the househelp and his wife, gently and with a smile, lifting the knife off the dinner table, her hands disappearing from sight and after a few seconds I see the gross expression of pain on uncle Ebo’s face.
I've never worn glasses and never had a problem sitting at the back during classes. I am no soothsayer but I have seen the future. All these things I saw but I couldn't see you. I did not see the radiance of your infectious smile that could tan the devil. You touched me, you laughed, sometimes created a spectacle your way of giving me mental spectacles (glasses) but they seemed to be broken and still I was blind.
l was Onipa Nua the musician but I couldn't befriend your emotions. I was stevie Wonder, I produced the melody but I never set my eyes on the one it touched. A black fly landed on my mind’s eye and thus I was blinded to your river of emotions. Maybe I was numb because I couldn't feel your hands on my shoulder when it seemed on my neck the world had placed a boulder.
I didn't see the blanket of words you covered me with when towards me everyone else was cold. You were a wolf in sheep's clothing but I didn't realize I was your moon and your gestures were your own way of howling every time you saw me, I didn't see.
They say the eyes are the windows to the soul, I barred mine, security against heart robbers thus my being was suffocated with bursting emotion yet still I wouldn't set them free, never!!
It seemed nothing you would do would impress me and I had you feeling like NDC? I was blind. A loss of sight incurable by the most learned of doctors, PhD’s could try and would find a familiarity with failure, u irrigated your love for me with painful tears but how could we grow a plant when you hadn’t sown a seed?
It seemed cupid didn't perforate your delicate heart with his simple arrow. Cupid came wielding an R.P.G missile launcher state of the art; with a bazooka for back up. And whilst you were blindingly in love I was blinded in my path. I see developed nations try to maintain control of my country with neo-colonialist scheming and tactics. I see George W bush mislead the world into war for a dividend of blood and oil but I can't see you stand before me.
A simply beautiful you.
 I have seen religions but I could not see this goddess, likewise royalty but I missed her walk of a queen. I AM BLIND FOR I CHOOSE TO BE! I'm not afraid to fall for your type but your type is what I have already fallen for, for another daughter of eve has her arms of affection wrapped so tightly around me. My soul is wheezing and all I can 'cough' up is loyalty, love and desire. She breeds magnificence like it was a puppy in her backyard may falter in speech, may falter in craft. I may falter in opinion may often seem daft but I'm steadied with the rooting of a tree that has seen a thousand years, so I'm blinded to you even if you shed a thousand tears.
I cannot see you, I see only her… just her.

No comments:

Post a Comment