Tuesday 24 April 2012

I AM GHANA

I read of a GHANA
An ancient kingdom blessed with bold citizens and great rulers
I read of a GHANA
A kingdom of conquerors, scholars and humble dwellers
I read of a powerful GHANA united in development and hardship duelers
Then I read of a GOLD COAST a colonized people traded in slavery
I read of a GOLD COAST a broken people devoid of bravery
I read of a GOLD COAST a rising rebellion of men and women tired of treatment in a manner unsavory
Again I read of a GHANA
An Nkrumah’s GHANA freed from the bonds of servitude
I read of a GHANA determined to shed the stereotype of African ineptitude
I read of a GHANA a shining star of Africa burning bright but leaving an ethnocentric residue
I read of a GHANA disappointing the world with a period of persistent coup d’états
I read of a GHANA plagued with the instability of the frequency of a new leader who departs
I read of a GHANA "blessed" with a revolutionary leader as symbol of growth but with a following whom retard
Then I knew of a GHANA back on the rise with political stability
I knew of a GHANA rejuvenated in the belief in their ability
I know of a GHANA the envy of Africa due to peace and tranquility
I now I dream of a GHANA a GHANA that sheds all traces of ethnocentric affiliation
I dream of a GHANA that faces the world as one nation
I dream of a GHANA that will stay focused
I dream of a GHANA whose citizens have one locus
I read, knew, know and dream of a GHANA
I AM GHANA

1 comment: