Monday 17 October 2011

FALLING

Maybe I love you maybe I don't
Maybe I'll have you maybe I won't
Uncertainties nullified by the certainty that I'm hypnotized by you certainly
Certain things you do settle in me and if knowing you was studied I'd be serving degrees
I'm falling for u like the 10 month old baby falls, struggling with new steps
Falling like the Berlin wall
I fall when you pull your hair back, hold it in a knot as u admire Labadi from the taxi back seat and when your roaming mind drags you back to reality u turn to me and smile,
Right there
That point, that's where I fall.
I'm falling with the graceful swagger of a withered leaf in autumn
Falling like long awaited raindrops on barren land
I'm falling for the pressed lips, the twitching eyebrow, the face you make when you are mad
I'm falling.
I'm falling like the World Trade Center but instead, the sorrows of the falling souls have been transcended into an emotion a lot like love.
I'm falling embarrassingly like the singer at a concert, like the chief from his palanquin like a Volta man after Akpeteshie.
The other day I fell when I watched you explore the delicate depths of sleep with a wry grin on your face every time I planted a gentle kiss on your cheek
Like a farmer's corn seed, I fell, and it hurts; falling hurts
I've tried to fall gradually with maturity and time
Like the hairs on the scalp of a man going bald, but the rapidity with which I fall as strands of hair becomes more resemblant of cancer than natural ageing.
The soles to my soul must be slippery because I fall some more just by your warm embrace
There's a civil war between my heart and my brain
The brain has taken the position of a rebel now my heart governs hence the mind might lose
They tell you I'm bad for you, you listen to no one; I fall.
Falling like my jaw was the point of contact with a young Azumah Nelson's fist
Falling like bread crumbs from my bite of the burnt toast at breakfast
When we lie together at night and u fidget and struggle just to get your back to lock perfectly with my chest I fall
Fall like the face of a fat kid to the words ‘no cake’
Ironically you've never made me "trip" but I fall.
I'm falling
This feeling is foreign
My mind was clouded like the period before-rain
Don't want to get over excited so I just manage a small-grin

I’m soaring.

No comments:

Post a Comment